This resource was created by the Global Economic Governance - Africa (GEGAfrica) project, an initiative of the South African Institute of International Affairs and the University of Pretoria, in association with CUTS International in India.
Called " pdf BRICS and the New World Order: A Beginners Guide" (PDF, 467kB), it is an electronic resource on the BRICS grouping (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa). It covers:
- The origin of BRICS
- The evolution of BRICS over the years
- The importance of BRICS in the world economy
- Key trends regarding BRICS
- Major issues and concerns facing the BRICS
- Major strengths and commonalities among the BRICS
- An answer to the question, "Will BRICS Emerge as a Guiding Force in the 21st Century?"
The Guide shows that there is plenty of scope for the BRICS countries, perhaps along with the regions they represent, to organise themselves into a formidable power bloc if they can overcome some of their differences.